Pages

Feb 5, 2013

Twitter and Re-tweeting

Something amazing happened yesterday and suddenly I thought of visiting my two year old twitter account once again. Re-tweeting felt great after 2 years :) I found some new connections while got a chance to re-connect with the old ones too. Yayy!

I didn't find much that had changed over twitter since my last login apart from some fresh and so cool features that I am writing right below:
1. Twitter from SMS and Fast Follow app for mobiles was one new thing I came across and yep Twitter from SMS is available on indian mobiles too but unfortunately only on Airtel, Reliance and Docomo. (My Docomo mobile connection made me smile here :D )

2. We can now happily and smilingly customise our own header and background designs for our profile :) This is awesome ! It is giving such an awesome look :D Previously my profile had a very blacky background - Jet black with greeny leaves popping out from the left corners of my profile. M loving the new look of my profile :) Here is how it looks now:


3. Then there is a 'Trends section' on the left side of the profile which is specifically tailored based on every user's location and connections. (I didn't know we could change it too :P I changed my settings to India/Hyderabad (- Hmm.. useful )
This is a blurred version of the same via printscreen :


4. I also observed that the twitter blog is much more active now ! It gives regular updates of twitter, happenings, its logo and usage, linking info, troubleshooting links and much much more ! There are over million tweets everyday ! (Whoa' )

Well that's all I could find as of now and am sure the new things will keep adding on :) You are welcome to join me here on Twitter :) 

Before I wind up, let me not forget mentioning one of the best things I admire about twitter - It lets us to explore so much in 140 characters. Be it an 'about me' or a tweet or any other, it's all - time saving - short -crisp and the best one can actually collect and retain in mind while going through so much on the internet. For that matter, I find Facebook a little flooded with news stories :D

And not missing the best part of the whole experience, I thoroughly re-experienced the overwhelming joy of being able to follow the official profiles of my favourite celebrities and inspirational people. I kept finding and kept getting happier ! Anne Geddes, Chetan Bhagat, Anita DongreAnushka MenonAbhishek Bachchan... ...and I could go on and on to get a full view of their tweets and recent feeds! Fab ! On that note, smilingly I wind up here. 

Below is the collage I customised for my twitter background design :)




All Copyrights Reserved with Amrit Ammu !! "Trust in God, but Lock your Car"

No comments:

Post a Comment